Wednesday, November 07, 2012

My Little Bears.

Boys-1
Boys-2 Boys-3 Boys-5 Boys-8 Boys-13 Boys-18

These pictures are from two days ago, but today, when Max was screaming in his room because it was naptime and Henry was screaming in his cradle because he wasn't being touched and Napoleon was hiding underneath our bed because the screaming was creeping him out, I was running around the front room picking up toys (how do my children have so many toys?!) and I thought, "THIS is what it feels like to be a mom", because, really, it is, even though I still listen to Taylor Swift and still watch lame TV shows like Hart of Dixie and Gossip Girl.

Also, this morning, while I was dressing Henry, Max went into my closet and said "I want that, Mama! I want that!", meaning he spotted his two big Christmas presents hanging out on the top of my shelves. But! I placated him by giving him the shirt off my back (literally) because, for some reason, he really wanted to wear a gray V-Neck that would hit the floor when he stood up. Not that it matters- he's only sporting a diaper now.

Anyway, what I meant to say was that being a mom to two is really fun, really full of bodily functions (so many diapers!), and time goes by, like, twelve times faster than time goes by with one child. It's amazing! I love these little boys and, even though I'm extremely tired and don't own any bras that fit and have a stomach with bizarre skin and I'm not as fashionable or as mild mannered or as, I don't know, put together as a lot of moms, I'm doing the best I can. And I really like that, even though I'm not perfect. Our lives together are just beginning and that makes me feel all kinds of warm and cozy inside, even though I am constantly starving.

And now! I need to get off the internet to kiss some squishy cheeks.
Two sets of them, actually.