Monday, December 03, 2012

Infectious. (Did I Spell That Right?)

The past few weeks have been stressful.

Max has been sick off and on and, when we finally left Lee's Summit early last weekend to come see our doctor, we found out he had a double ear infection and a sinus infection. And today? Henry woke up sounding like a seal and, when we took him to the doctor, we found out he had a double ear infection too! Did I mention the reason we stayed in Lee's Summit was because my dad had heart surgery?

Seriously. Things have been beastly and I kinda want to break down and pull my own hair while crying- not because I'm overly upset about anything but because I am exhausted. I'm so tired that I am sitting at a table with four dirty cups, two dirty bowls, and a dirty plate and I don't really care. And, if you know me, you know that I hate dirty dishes with a fuming passion, especially when they are near me. They're just gross.

I'm also really struggling with what I want to do with my business. My photography has grown leaps and bounds and leaps and bounds again the past year and I know what I want to do but I don't know how to get there. Does that make sense? Hopefully. Anyway, it is killing me and sapping all kinds of energy out of me, too.

But! Amid the chaos and the guilt I've felt for leaving Henry in his swing (his favorite place to be right now!) as Max screams for "Cuddles, Mama! Cuddles!", we did have this little moment:

Doby-1

Yep! That's Maximillian, dressed in a tea towel (he's a house elf!) while trying to unwrap his Christmas presents. Lesson Learned: presents cannot go under the tree before Christmas morning when there is a toddler in the house.

I love my boys, even though they are trying to kill me with infections.