Saturday, December 08, 2012

Me and Max

Me and Max-2

This picture is my life right now.

The kid on my leg, the hole in my shoe, the still-there baby weight, the taming of my hair, the "our children are crazy" look I'm giving to my husband, and, well, everything else. This morning while I was driving to a photo shoot- the first time I'd been alone in a week- I thought about how our lives are full of so much chaos right now- the babies, the bills, the hectic schedules, the always-growing pile of dishes and the sleepless nights- and how easy it is to get frustrated and think "When things are easier..." when, in reality, I'll look back and feel homesick for the small lives we are living now, just like sometimes my entire body aches for other past times, like when we lived in a one-bedroom apartment with a baby and an air conditioner that never worked. I'm learning more and more that life is extremely fluid and that the older you get, the faster it flows. I know it's inevitable that one day I'll look back and miss today so, while I'm here, I'm going to make the most of what we've got, even on the hard days.