Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Tornado Warnings in the Tub

photo-160

Yesterday, after a day full of runny noses and me trying not to pull out my hair, we had an emergency tornado warning. So, like any mom, I put my kids together in Henry's crib (that thing is heavy!) and then, less than two minutes later, found myself sitting on a towel in the tub drenched with water from bath toys with Huck sitting in my lap, happily chewing on his hand while Max attacked us with a green plastic snake. Don't worry- we survived (from the tornado, too!).

And then! Later that night! I sent Max out with Andrew to pick up pizza toppings, diapers, and baby medicine in his beloved Batman pajamas that I have been washing daily and, on the way back home, he slipped and fell in a mud pile, so after I washed his hands and walked away thinking I'd cleaned him up all the way, he started screaming "My butt! My butt! My butt, Mama! There's mud on my butt!!".

He's going to love that I wrote that about him on the Internet someday.

PS. I am still wearing yesterday's clothes, but I have brushed my teeth so that counts for something, right?


See a model session at the library here.