Monday, May 20, 2013

Kisses and a Boxed Lunch

This week, Henry learned to kiss.

photo-169

And when I say that he has learned to kiss, I mean that he really knows how to lay one on anyone close enough to flirt with. Sometimes he'll already be sitting in your lap and other times he'll crawl to you with the goofiest grin, but as soon as he gets close to your face, he becomes all business, grabs both of your cheeks, and leans in with nearly-puckered lips. Then he plants one on you (complete with drool), flutters his eyelashes against you, and pulls back smiling like a fool. And if you're lucky? He'll do this several times in a row. It makes my heart slide down my chest and into a pool of total butter, but I'll be honest: I'm not sure whether I should be proud of him for knowing how to kiss at seven months old or if I should be embarrassed that I taught him how to kiss by kissing him constantly since the day of his birth. I mean, I just can't help myself!

photo-170


Also, this week, Maxwell packed his very first boxed lunch. His choices? An apple, a cheese stick, and a leftover dinner roll. He took it to the park where we ate lunch with friends and he was so proud of his Batman lunch box (read: Andrew's Batman lunch box that we swiped from the top of the fridge) that he didn't even mind when everyone else showed up with Chick-fil-a. If anything, he showed off his self-packed lunch instead. I mean, maybe we have a little chef in the making. He also tried out Lunchables for the first time this week and, to put it mildly, they were a hit. Obviously, if he's going to be a chef one day, he's going to specialize in gourmet dishes.

Annnnd in brotherly news, Max has stopped calling Henry "Henry" and now solely calls him "Huckstabull" which is pronounced "Huck-ta-bull". It is awesome. Also clever, which is good because Andrew came up with it several months ago.