Monday, August 18, 2014

Camping.

On Saturday, we decided to go camping.

Happy Photographs-2

Well, more accurately, my 2015 Senior Models voted on a camping group session and, since I had to rent out the campsite, Andrew was like "We get to camp?!?!" and, because I am an awesome wife, I said "Sure!" and not-so-secretly hoped it would rain out.

(Camping is Andrew's favorite thing and we haven't camped in five years.)

And I'll be honest, I was a little nervous about camping by water with two crazy boys (not even lying- Andrew had to put the boys in the car at one point so they would stop running away for rocks and leaves and sticks and streets and, well, freedom) but, once my shoot was over and we were settled in, it was such a blast. The weather, the s'mores, the food cooking on the fire, the way Max had soot and dirt and sweat all over his face and the way that Henry and I sat in a pile of leaves dumping leaves on each other for fifteen minutes and the way that Andrew was, like, totally in his element.

I dug it. Like, I really dug it.

I mean, with faces (and company!) like this, how could I not?!

Maxwell and a Crush Soda - lissachandler.com -3

And thennnn Henry started coughing and coughed so hard for two hours that Andrew and I packed up the campsite with two flashlights, loaded the boys in the car, and then got home around eleven, laughing the entire time about everything - from how I learned that I actually love camping to how Max told me that he knew a T-Rex was going to eat our house while we were gone to how he fell asleep as soon as he got in the car to how Henry talked the entire way home to how we just couldn't stop laughing - the car ride home may have been one of my favorite parts.

So! I think we are going to have to try that again.